Views: 10 Author: Best Electronic Adhesives Glue Manufacturer Publish Time: 2022-12-14 Origin: https://www.deepmaterialcn.com/
Where waterproof clear silicone potting compound is needed for electronics
Potting is an important process where electronic assemblies are filled using compounds to help resist vibration and shock. The components also assist to exclude corrosion and moisture. During an application, design and encapsulating or potting are needed. The first thing to consider is the material that should be used. The popular choices are Silicone, urethane, and epoxy.
The three materials are a good choice when you need to protect the circuits and have to be held deep fixtures in the right place. The choice of material is usually based on the application it is needed for and the device itself. The surroundings have to be considered as well.
Suitability of Silicone
In many industries, Silicone is used as a potting compound. Silicone is very easy to mold and is lightweight. This is why it can be used in many situations. A clear silicone compound is necessary at times.
The clear silicone potting compound is a two-part elastomer that cures at room temperature. The process can also be accelerated by increasing the temperatures. Clear silicone potting compound has a low viscosity. This allows it to flow around the most complex parts. This ensures there is proper shock resistance insulation and electrical insulation.
One of the things that makes clear Silicone a choice for sensitive and optoelectronics like LEDs is the transparency, compliance, and the fact that there is no yellowing. Silicone potting compounds are the best for protecting components from atmospheric contaminants, moisture, and vibration.
Benefits and features
Some of the most important features and benefits of using clear Silicone include the following:
• It has low shrinkage levels
• It does not yellow over time
• It is a great choice for protecting solar and LED applications
• It can cure at low or room temperature
• It is compliant with the set standards
• It is optically clear, making it a good choice for sensitive applications
• It has a low viscosity which means it flows easily around the complex parts to offer shock resistance and electrical insulation as needed
• It is usually created in a way that is very easy to mix. At times, automatic dispensing units can be used whole. At others, the components can be hand mixed.
• The clear Silicone has no solvents
• Its chemical composition makes it stable and offers reversion resistance.
There are different applications where clear silicone compounds are needed. This includes:
• Solar panels
• Casting potting, glob topping, and optical encapsulation
• LEDs, photonics, and optoelectronics
• Optical assemblies
• Electronics potting
There are many benefits associated with Silicone as a potting option. Ensuring that you get an ideal product is an important step. Silicone has many great traits that make it ideal for situations where optical clarity is necessary.
The best manufacturer
The market contains silicone potting compounds that can be used in different settings. It is important to understand exactly what is needed for your application. One thing that makes this a good choice is the thermal resistance, which is better than the other compounds.
At deepmaterial, we are passionate about creating the best solutions for potting. Silicone is one of the materials you can access from us. We can custom-make a solution based on exactly want you need in terms of things like viscosity and how fast a material can cure, among others.
For more about where waterproof clear silicone potting compound is needed for electronics,you can pay a visit to DeepMaterial at https://www.epoxyadhesiveglue.com/category/pcb-potting-material/ for more info.