Views: 8 Author: Best Electronic Adhesives Glue Manufacturer Publish Time: 2022-12-22 Origin: https://www.deepmaterialcn.com/
Is Polyurethane Potting Compound For Electronics Better Than Silicone And Acrylic Potting Compound?
When looking for protection for sensitive electronic components, you want a material that will do the job effectively without interfering with how the device functions. Potting is among the methods you can use to apply the selected compounds on sensitive components, thus coating them and keeping them protected from elements that would otherwise harm them.
Different potting compound formulations are available in the market today, and they come with varying potentials for different applications. Polyurethane is among the top materials used in potting electronics. It is a good choice for electronics because it has a thermal range that can easily handle operating temperatures for most industrial products. The material is also cost-effective compared with silicone, making it practical even for small applications needing protection.
A potting material’s suitability depends largely on your application needs and requirements. In some cases, therefore, silicone will be a better choice than polyurethane and vice versa. When you replace silicone with polyurethane potting compound for electronics, you will enjoy advantages such as:
• Lowered costs because the polymer is more economical than silicone. The application process’s costs will also be lowered as a result.
• Lowered permeability for water vapor because polyurethane offers better protections against water migration that leads to corrosion
• Reduced outgassing considering polyurethane compounds utilize varying raw materials.
• Better adhesion as the material offers increased bond strength compared with silicone. You can trust the adhesion polyurethane offers your casings and substrates.
• Improved abrasion and elongation resistance and high strength because of the generally good physical attributes of the polymer
• Wider formulation latitude so you can have the coating as soft as silicone gel or as rigid as that of epoxy but retaining the good points of polyurethane.
• Optimal operating range of temperature making it suitable for most applications
Polyurethane potting compounds
Polyurethane compounds come in various properties, from soft, flexible gels, to stiffer rigid materials with epoxy-like properties. Polyurethane compounds come in handy when looking for a quick solution for your high-production electronics because of their short processing time. Most of the compounds in the market are affordable and formulated to meet performance requirements.
There is also the option of two-component polyurethane adhesives for potting your electronics. This adhesive replicates hardness, including rubber, thermoplastic, glass, and gel. For potting, the two compound polyurethanes are versatile and have variable viscosity, low durometer, excellent electrical insulation, reliable dielectric function, and thermal conductivity, which is impressive.
The potting polyurethane gel is highly adaptable to thermal insulation and bonding performance, but its surface is too soft and can foam. Curing can also be insufficient, and the surface can become brittle when exposed to high temperatures during curing. You may also have issues with surface roughness after curing and weak anti-vibration and anti-aging properties.
As good as polyurethane compounds are compared to silicone in some cases, you need to ensure that you get the right viscosity for your electronic protection requirements. Getting wrong with the material supposed to protect your components will only put you in more trouble with costs. DeepMaterial is among the best manufacturer you can trust to guide you through potting compounds and all things adhesive. If superior quality is what you are looking for, this is the company you should go for.
For more about is polyurethane potting compound for electronics better than silicone and acrylic potting compound,you can pay a visit to DeepMaterial at https://www.epoxyadhesiveglue.com/polyurethane-potting-compound-for-electronics-from-china-polyurethane-potting-compound-manufacturers/ for more info.